An Update on Our Covid-19 Precautions and Policies 8/5/2020
At Bellingham Advanced Medical Imaging, we recognize the risks associated with the current coronavirus pandemic. We have supported the measures put in place to flatten the curve in order to mitigate its effect on our communities. However, we must continue social distancing measures with the growing realization that we all must learn to live with COVID-19 in the months ahead. The risks of exposure to the virus must now be weighed against the risks of delayed diagnosis for many other medical conditions such as breast cancer.
While this is an individual decision for each patient, we have evaluated our entire practice and implemented many changes to minimize potential exposure for patients who seek medical care.
As a stand-alone imaging facility, we are able to offer additional options to decrease the chances of exposure compared to a hospital setting. The following precautions are currently in place and will continue to evolve to meet recommended safety guidelines.
- The Bellingham Advanced Medical Imaging is a non-COVID-19 site.
- All staff members are screened for symptoms daily before entering the workplace.
- Prior to arrival, patients are screened for symptoms at the time of scheduling.
- On arrival, a secondary screen, including a temperature check, is performed.
- Symptomatic patients will be asked to reschedule.
- Our waiting room has been modified to allow for social distancing.
- Patients may also choose to wait in their cars, with parking available right outside our front door.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at our front desk.
- Admittance is restricted to patients only. If patients require assistance, we are happy to provide help or allow a single caregiver if necessary.
- Common areas are cleaned on a regular schedule throughout the day.
- Patient exam rooms are cleaned after each patient.
- Facility deep cleaning performed in the evenings.
- Universal masking is required for staff and patients in the facility.
- Patients are encouraged to wear their own masks to conserve supply. However, one will be provided on arrival if needed.
Our goal is to provide vital medical imaging services while maintaining the safety of our patients and staff. Please contact us at 360-255-6330 if you have additional questions or concerns.